This is a very simple shawl / wrap / pareo / beach sarong that when made with plied color changing cake yarn and a slightly larger hook, can create a beautiful lacy look with little effort. This shawl can actually be made with any yarn and hook that you choose. There is a lace edging that looks difficult, but is quite easy. If you are a true beginner, you can skip the lace edging and either add fringe or leave as is. Either way will be lovely.
This is a “Pay What You Want” (see below) PDF pattern which also includes pattern chart, lace pattern chart, and stitch/row counter, and now a styling video tutorial!
I’m trying something new regarding pricing of this pattern.
It’s called: Pay What You Want.
So when you click over to Ravelry, the pattern is listed for $5.
You can pay this price or select any discount that you like including a $5 discount making the purchase free.
Here are the coupon codes. Each one will give you the dollar amount off stated in the code name.
5OFF (you pay zero)
4OFF (you pay $1)
3OFF (you pay $2)
2OFF (you pay $3)
1OFF (you pay $4)
Click the button below to simply purchase this for $5.
Please let me know your feedback about this style of pricing in either the comments below, at Ravelry or Instagram.
- 1 skein, 623 yards, (2) weight Red Heart “It’s a Wrap Rainbow” yarn – “Whisper” colorway (see white/tan pictures below)
- 1 skein, 437 yards, (2) weight Lion Brand “Ombre Life” yarn – “Cloudy Day” colorway (Top picture)
- Or approx. 800 yards of Woolpedia.net “Colors” 6ply weight “Wasserfall” Colorway (Blue pictures below)
- Or approx. 500-800 yards of (2) weight 4-6ply yarn of your choice.
- Or approx. 400-800 yards of any yarn of your choice. Amount depends the size of shawl.
- J, 6.0 mm hook
- Or any hook of your choice
- Yarn needle
- Measuring tape
Support My Free Patterns
If you like this and my other patterns and want to pay more, perhaps you might consider “buying me a coffee.” Thank you!
You can also support my work by sharing your finished garment on social media with the hashtag:
Or Sharing this pattern on Pinterest, Facebook or your Fav social media.
Pretty Little Thing Shawl Pictures