This is a very simple shawl / wrap / pareo / beach sarong that when made with plied color changing cake yarn and a slightly larger hook, can create a beautiful lacy look with little effort. This shawl can actually be made with any yarn and hook that you choose. There is a lace edging that looks difficult, but is quite easy. If you are a true beginner, you can skip the lace edging and either add fringe or leave as is. Either way will be lovely.
Scroll down to see a video on how to style this shawl in several ways.
You can purchase the ad-free PDF pattern which also includes pattern chart, lace pattern chart, and stitch/row counter, and now a styling video tutorial!
You can save the pdf to any device (phone, tablet, computer) or to your Ravelry Library.
Buy It on Any of These Sites:
Click the button below to purchase on Ravelry:
- 1 skein, 623 yards, (2) weight Red Heart “It’s a Wrap Rainbow” yarn – “Whisper” colorway (see white/tan pictures below)
- 1 skein, 437 yards, (2) weight Lion Brand “Ombre Life” yarn – “Cloudy Day” colorway (Top picture)
- Or approx. 800 yards of Woolpedia.net “Colors” 6ply weight “Wasserfall” Colorway (Blue pictures below)
- Or approx. 500-800 yards of (2) weight 4-6ply yarn of your choice.
- Or approx. 400-800 yards of any yarn of your choice. Amount depends the size of shawl.
- J, 6.0 mm hook
- Or any hook of your choice
- Yarn needle
- Measuring tape
Support My Free Patterns
If you like this and my other patterns and want to pay more, perhaps you might consider “buying me a coffee.” Thank you!
kofiwidget2.init(‘Buy Me a Coffee’, ‘#46b798’, ‘A0A3DBPC’);kofiwidget2.draw();
You can also support my work by sharing your finished garment on social media with the hashtag:
Or Sharing this pattern on Pinterest, Facebook or your Fav social media.
No Responses Yet