You can learn this pattern for free at my YouTube channel. See video below. And/Or if you would like the written pattern, it is just $2.25 for an ad-free PDF file. I thank you kindly for your support of my work!
This is a Tunisian crochet version of my favorite “Sweet November Shawl” in knit designed by Caryl Pierre. See below for the link to the knit version on Ravelry.
This version here is worked from the bottom point up. This is a wide triangle. So the top edge is the widest and the sides and height is shorter. Because of this, this shawl works up quickly.
Thanks and credit to Vashti for this amazing framework!
A cool thing about this shawl is it is reversible for two totally different and interesting looks. Wear it as is or add an edging or fringe for a boho look!
- Worsted weight #4 yarn. I used 2 skeins for each shawl of “Ferris Wheel” by Lion Brand in “Morning Java” and “Sprinkles”
- I used about 2 skeins of this yarn, approximately 500 yards. This made a shawl of 70” wide and 20 inches high. Adding fringe will add more yardage.
- “Roll with It Melange” by Red Heart is an almost identical type of yarn. As is Millefiori yarn by Berroco. **
- Another suitable substitute is Jarbo Cookie available on Hobbii.com
- Or any yarn of your choice!
- Other Yarns that would be good: “Shawl in a Ball” by Lion Brand **
- REGULAR crochet hook. I used 8.00 mm. Use a size a 2-3 sizes up than what the yarn calls for.
- Or Tunisian Hook 8.00mm. I like the Denise Tunisian crochet hook sets. **
- Scissors **
- Yarn needle **
- Measuring tape **
**affiliate links pay me a small commission if you purchase. Does not affect the price you pay.
Here is a video tutorial below which teaches you how to make this Tunisian Crochet version of the “Sweet November Shawl.” This style shawl was first popularized by Caryl Pierre in her knit version which you can find here. (my favorite knit pattern. I made a video tutorial for that one as well. Click here for that.) Of course this was all inspired by the shawl in the movie “Sweet November” with Charlize Theron and Keanu Reeves.
The free instructions are in the video above.
If you would like the convenience of an Ad-Free, Printable, PDF Version of this Pattern, you can purchase that through one of the links below for just $2.25.
A PDF version gives you:
- More READER FRIENDLY formatting of the text for ease of understanding
- Additional CHARTS & DIAGRAMS for clearer understanding
- SAVE it to your computer, phone or tablet
- PRINT it EASILY without ads
- SAVE it to your RAVELRY LIBRARY to find it again easily
Click to Learn Basic Tunisian crochet
Click to Learn Tunisian Knit Stitch.
Check out my Tunisian Crochet Course that includes 3 beginner friendly patterns.
on your favorite social media platform with #KrisLJD
#LJDmakers or #SweetNovemberShawlTunisian