This is a quick and easy crochet pattern for a Hot Pad / Trivet and Coaster Set where you will learn the Crochet Block Stitch pattern. See video tutorial below and link to written pattern.
To use this as a potholder (for holding hot pot handles) simply make an identical sized square in double crochet and sew it to the back of this hot pad.
Great Gift Idea
Make a set of 2 or 4 each for a sweet gift for a friend.
Crochet Magical Mystery Tour
This is the 2nd project in the “Crochet Magical Mystery Tour” which is a yearlong adventure in crochet where you will get:
- A Free Pattern and Tutorial each week featuring a new stitches and techniques.
- Opportunity to enter Giveaways when you share your finished pictures online.
- Recognition on my website, Instagram and Facebook (if you choose).
Join TODAY for free:
Written Pattern Free Download
- Lion Brand Re-Up Yarn which is a #4 weight 100% cotton yarn. I used colors: White, Grey, Aqua (green), and Sky (blue)
You can also use:
- Lion Brand 24/7 Cotton ** (thin #4 weight yarn)
- Red Heart Scrubby Smoothie”** (#4 weight yarn)
- Lily’s Sugar n Cream ”** (#4 weight yarn)
- Bernat Handicrafters Cotton Yarn ** (#4 weight yarn)
- Or any cotton yarn of your choice!
- REGULAR crochet hook. I used 5.5mm and 6.0mm. **
- Scissors **
- Yarn needle I used: Susan Bates Finishing Needles (I love these by the way!) **
- Measuring tape **
**affiliate links pay me a small commission if you purchase. Does not affect the price you pay.
This free pattern comes with a free Video Tutorial (link in the pattern) that is suitable for beginners.
If you liked this pattern, please share this far and wide with your friends! I’d love to have as many people as possible join our Crochet Magical Mystery Tour. If you haven’t already, check it out and sign up for the weekly alert of each free pattern. This is a yearlong adventure with a free pattern and new stitches each week. Free to Join Anytime!
Use the hashtag: #LJDCMMT (Light and Joy Designs Crochet Magical Mystery Tour) to be entered for giveaways and recognition here on my site and instagram.
Also Please let me know what you think! You can contact me many ways. See links below! Or leave a comment here. Thx!
Magical Mystery Tour Sign Up – (FREE!!) https://www.lightandjoydesigns.com/magical-mystery-tour/
My Free VIP Newsletter: https://www.lightandjoydesigns.com/subscribe-2/
My Designs on Ravelry: https://www.ravelry.com/designers/light-and-joy-designs
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/c/LightandJoyDesigns
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/LETSHAVEFUNCROCHET