Did you subscribe to my YouTube Channel Yet?
Hi yarn friend! Before I introduce this cool, new, free pattern, I would like to ask a quick favor. It will only take about 5-10 seconds of your time. Here it is:
If you haven’t already, would you consider subscribing to my YouTube channel by clicking here? Just click the Subscribe Button and click the Notify Bell next to it. That’s it! This will alert you of new videos even before they are officially released here. Also, it will help me to keep bringing you free patterns every week. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!
Introducing the “Easy Mandala Dreamcatcher”
Learn color changes, and crocheting in the round to create a crochet mandala.
Learn to make a beautiful dream-catcher with multiple colors. In this pattern you will learn color changes, crocheting in the round, to make a beautiful wall hanging for your home. You can make this in 6 fading colors or any combination that you like including just 1 color. This is a quick and easy project that makes a great gift. Please refer to the video tutorial for demonstrations of the color changes and overall step by step instructions
Can’t wait to see your pictures! #EasyMandalaDreamcatcher
Approximately 100 yards (or more) total of worsted weight (#4) cotton yarn. You can use up to 6 different colors. You can use any color combination you like or you can even make this in one solid color.
I used 5 colors of (10-30 yards each). Hobbii Rainbow 8/8 100% Cotton yarn.
Blue Color Fade color numbers: 70, 71, 32, 26, 1
Purple Color Fade color numbers: 39, 68, 40, 67, 41, 1
- Threadart Cotton **
- Bernat Handicrafter Cotton**
- Lily’s Sugar ‘n Cream cotton yarn**
- Lion Brand 24/7 Cotton**
- Crochet hook.5.5 mm (J). **
- Scissors **
- Yarn needle I used: Susan Bates Finishing Needles (Easiest to use) **
- Measuring tape **
** Affiliate links provide me with a small commission if you purchase, with no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support.
The free instructions are below.
If you would like the convenience of an Ad-Free, Printable, PDF Version of this Pattern, you can purchase that through one of the links below for just $2.
- More Reader Friendly formatting of the text for ease of understanding
- Additional charts for clearer understanding
- Save it to your computer, phone or tablet
- Print it easily without ads
- Save it to your Ravelry Library to find it again easily
A $2 purchase supports my design work I do and I appreciate that support in exchange for the value of my designs and teaching.
Link to the Written Pattern on Etsy. COMING SOON
Link to the Written Pattern on LoveCrochet.com. COMING SOON
Looking for a Way to Say Thanks?
You can donate any amount either via PayPal or via buying me “Ko-Fi”Via PayPal
Easy to Moderate. Advanced Beginners can work this pattern using the Video Tutorial.
Stiches Used and Abbreviations
YO = yarn over
DC = double crochet
SC = single crochet
Sl St = slip stitch
St(s) = stitch(es)
2DC Shell = 2 DC sts into 1 st.
V Stitch = DC, Ch1, DC in 1 st.
Picot = Ch3, Sl St into first Ch
NOTE: Starting chain3 at the start of each round counts as a DC stitch.See video tutorial for demonstration of all stitches.
- I refer to Colors A, B, C, D, E, and F, however, you can use any color combination you like (for example 2 or 3 colors) including just one color.’
- Pattern Chart is available in the PDF Version of this pattern.
- For assistance with color changes, please refer to the video tutorial.
[COLOR A] Chain 4 and join to first chain with a slip stitch to form a small circle.
Round 1: [COLOR A] Ch3 (counts as DC), 15 DC into circle. Join with sl st to first 3rd Ch. <<Stitch count: 16 DC>>
Round 2: [COLOR B] Ch4 (counts as DC, Ch1), (DC, Ch1) into each DC. Join with sl st to 3rd chain of first ch3. <<Stitch count: 16 DC>>
Round 3: [COLOR C] In first ch1 space: (Ch3, DC, Ch1), (2DC shell, Ch1) in each ch1 sp of previous row. Join with sl st to 3rd chain of first ch3. <<Stitch count: 16 2DC shells and 16 Ch1 spaces>>
Round 4: [COLOR D] In Ch1 space: (Ch4, DC, Ch1). (V Stitch, Ch1) in every ch1 space. Join with sl st to 3rd chain of first ch3. <<Stitch count: 16 V Stitches and 16 Ch1 spaces)>>
Round 5: [COLOR E] Join new color in ch1 of V stitch.
(Ch1, SC in same space as joined yarn, Ch2, Picot, Ch2). *(SC in next V stitch space, Ch2, Picot, Ch2) ** Repeat * to * to the end. Join with sl st to first SC.
<<Stitch count: 16 SC, 16 picots spaces>>
Round 6: [COLOR F]
- Wrap yarn around crafting hoop tightly to cover entire hoop. See video for demonstration. Tie off with knot and cut a 30” tail.
- Thread a yarn needle with the tail.
- With the yarn needle go into the first picot of the mandala, pull yarn all the way through.
- Then weave the yarn over the top of the hoop and back under.
- Weave through next picot, over and under the hoop, and so on to the end.
- Pull the tail tight fastening with a knot to the beginning.
- Tie a loop of yarn for hanging.
- Attach fringe to the bottom and voila! You’re done!
Sew in ends.
Enjoy your Easy Mandala Dreamcatcher!
This is the 26th project in the “Crochet Magical Mystery Tour” which is a yearlong adventure in crochet where you will get:
- A Free Pattern and Tutorial each week featuring new stitches and techniques.
- Opportunity to enter Giveaways when you share your finished pictures online.
- Recognition on my website, Instagram and Facebook (if you choose).
Crochet Magical Mystery Tour Alerts
Sign up for free alerts of new patterns & tutorials weekly.
Also Join at YouTube by subscribing: http://www.youtube.com/c/LightandJoyDesigns
Pin This to Your Pinterest Boards
Please Support My Free Work
By subscribing to my YouTube channel (Click here), this will help me to keep offering free patterns, tutorials and more to YOU! Be the first to know when new Pattern Tutorials are available by clicking the Notify Bell next to the Subscribe button. Thank you so much!!
If you liked this pattern, please share this far and wide with your friends! I’d love to have as many people as possible join our Crochet Magical Mystery Tour. If you haven’t already, check it out and sign up for the weekly alert of each free pattern. This is a yearlong adventure with a free pattern and new stitches each week. Free to Join Anytime!
Also Please let me know what you think! You can contact me many ways. See links below! Or leave a comment here. Thx!
My Free VIP Newsletter: http://www.lightandjoydesigns.com/subscribe-2/
My Designs on Ravelry: https://www.ravelry.com/designers/light-and-joy-designs
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/c/LightandJoyDesigns
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/LETSHAVEFUNCROCHET
Etsy Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/LightandJoyDesigns