Did you subscribe to my YouTube Channel Yet?
Hi yarn friend! Quick suggestion.
If you haven’t already, take 10 seconds to subscribe to my YouTube channel by clicking here?
- Click the Subscribe Button .
- CLICK the NOTIFY BELL next to it. That’s it!
- Now you’ll get Every Video Pattern Alert! Awesome!
Introducing the “Lucky Sevens Trivet”
Learn to crochet in the round.
This is a quick and easy crochet trivet – crochet potholder – crochet hotpad pattern. It is made in worsted weight 100% cotton yarn of your choice. Great for beginners. Video tutorial available. See below for link.
This trivet also makes a super fun soft crochet frisbee toy for kids!
Can’t wait to see your pictures! #LuckySevensTrivet
The free instructions are below.
If you would like the convenience of an Ad-Free, Printable, PDF Version of this Pattern, you can purchase that through one of the links below.
A PDF version gives you:
- More READER-FRIENDLY formatting of the text for ease of understanding
- Additional CHARTS for clearer understanding
- SAVE it to your computer, phone or tablet
- FIND it easily later.
- PRINT it EASILY without ads
- SAVE it to your RAVELRY LIBRARY to find it again easily
A small purchase supports my design work and I appreciate that support in exchange for the value of my designs and teaching.
Approximately 20-40 yards of worsted weight (#4) cotton yarn of any colors. Yarn I used:
- Red Heart Scrubby Smoothie in colorway “Caribbean”**
- Lily’s Sugar n Cream in colorway “Beach glass”**
- Other Worsted weight #4 cotton yarn. **
- Crochet hook.6.5 mm (K). **
** Affiliate links provide me with a small commission if you purchase, with no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support.
Dimension & Gauge:
Approximately 6-7 inches in diameter. This will vary based on the yarn, hook size, and tension of your stitches.
Stitches Used and Abbreviations:
DC = double crochet
SC = single crochet
Sl St = slip stitch
St(s) = stitch(es)
7DC Shell = 7 DC sts into the Ch2 space.
NOTE: Beginning chain2 at the start of each round does NOT count as a stitch.
NOTE: Beginning chain2 at the start of each round does not count as a stitch.
Begin: Make a magic circle. (See video for step by step tutorial)
Row 1: Ch 2, 12 DC into magic circle. (remember the ch2 does not count as a DC), Join round with Sl St to 1st DC of the round.
Row 2: Ch2, 2DC in each DC of prev row. Join round with Sl St to 1st DC of the round.
Row 3: Ch2, *(DC in first DC, DC in next DC, 2DC in next DC)* Repeat to last st. Join round with Sl St to 1st DC of the round.
Row 4: Ch2, DC in each of first 2 sts, Ch2, *(DC into next 4 sts, Ch2)* Repeat until last 2 sts. DC into last 2 sts. Join round with Sl St to 1st DC of the round.
Row 5: Ch1, SC in first st. 7DC Shell into ch2 space, *(SC in space between 2nd and 3rd DC of the next 4 DC set, 7DC Shell into ch2 space)* Repeat until end. Join round with Sl St to 1st SC of the round.
Cut yarn and sew in ends.
Looking for a Way to Say Thanks?
You can donate either via PayPal or via buying me “Ko-Fi”Via PayPal
FREE WAYS TO SAY THANKS:
- Share my work with a friend.
- Subscribe to my pattern email newsletter.
- Follow, Comment, Like & Share on Social: FaceBook, Instagram, YouTube
- Give a Shoutout /tag on your Social Media posts
Watch how to make this cowl here. VIDEO LINK HERE
Subscribe to My Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/c/LightandJoyDesigns
Pin This to Your Pinterest Boards
Please Support My Free Work
By subscribing to my YouTube channel (Click here), this allows me to keep offering free patterns, tutorials, and more to YOU! Be the first to know when new Pattern Tutorials are available by clicking the Notify Bell next to the Subscribe button. Thank you so much!!
If you liked this pattern, please share this post with your friends! I’d love to have as many people as possible join our Crochet Magical Mystery Tour. If you haven’t already, check it out and sign up for the weekly alert of each free pattern. This is a yearlong adventure with a free pattern and new stitches each week. Free to Join Anytime!
Let me know your thoughts!
Earn a Free Pattern
- Share your pics of this pattern on FaceBook, Instagram, or Ravelry.
- Use the hashtag #LIGHTANDJOYDESIGNS or #LuckySevensTrivet and tag me @light_and_joy_designs.
- Contact me to let me know where you shared and which PDF pattern you would like.
You can contact me in many ways. See links below! Or leave a comment here. Thx!
My Free VIP Newsletter: http://www.lightandjoydesigns.com/subscribe-2/
My Designs on Ravelry: https://www.ravelry.com/designers/light-and-joy-designs
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/c/LightandJoyDesigns
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/LETSHAVEFUNCROCHET
Etsy Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/LightandJoyDesigns
Check out the photos and projects of this pattern on Ravelry by clicking the button below.