Did you subscribe to my YouTube Channel Yet?
Hi yarn friend! Quick suggestion.
If you haven’t already, take 10 seconds to subscribe to my YouTube channel by clicking here?
- Click the Subscribe Button .
- CLICK the NOTIFY BELL next to it. That’s it!
- Now you’ll get Every Video Pattern Alert! Awesome!
Introducing the “Boho Caribbean Hair Crochet Scrunchie”
Learn to make a decorative bobble edging.
This is for a festive and decorative crochet hair scrunchie
It also makes an amazing scarf cuff or shawl pin. See these videos here to learn more about that:
Scroll down for Video Tutorial.
Can’t wait to see your pictures! #bohoscrunchie
The free instructions are below.
If you would like the convenience of an Ad-Free, Printable, PDF Version of this Pattern, you can purchase that through one of the links below.
A PDF version gives you:
- More READER-FRIENDLY formatting of the text for ease of understanding
- Additional CHARTS for clearer understanding
- SAVE it to your computer, phone or tablet
- FIND it easily later.
- PRINT it EASILY without ads
- SAVE it to your RAVELRY LIBRARY to find it again easily
A small purchase supports my design work and I appreciate that support in exchange for the value of my designs and teaching.
Link to the Written Pattern on LoveCrochet.com. COMING SOON
Yarn I Used:
# 3 weight yarn, 25 yards of Lion Brand Baby Soft.
# 4 weight yarn, 25 yards of Red Heart Super Saver.
Hair elastic -highly recommend Scunci hair elastic because the elastic does NOT stretch out over time.
Most materials have clickable links to see that item online.
- Red Heart Super Saver #4 weight
- Lion Brand Baby Soft #3 weight
- Crochet hook.6.0 mm (J) and 5.0mm (I). **
** Affiliate links provide me with a small commission if you purchase, with no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support.
Stitches Used and Abbreviations:
|Ch = chain
|St(s) = Stitch(es)
|SL ST = slip stitch
|DC = double crochet
|YO = yarn over
5DC Tog Bobble – 5 Double Crochet Together Bobble
Yarn over, Insert hook into first chain. *Yarn over and pull through a loop. Yarn over and pull through 2 loops.* Repeat * to * 4 more times. Yarn over and pull through 6 loops on the hook. Slip stitch into the DC stitch where the chain 3 began.
- These instructions use DC to make the small size version. If you want to make a larger version you can use Treble Crochet (TR) anywhere that a DC is called for in R1. And Instead of starting with Ch2, start with a Ch3.
- See the Video tutorial for very detailed demonstration: https://youtu.be/S32OILbI7Gc
Make a slip stitch. Remove from the hook. Place hook in the hair elastic and reattach the loop onto the hook.
Make another slip stitch to attach yarn to the hair elastic.
R1 (Color A -Worsted yarn) Ch2 Make 80-90 DC into the hair elastic until you have the amount of rippling that you desire. (See photos below for rippling) Join with slip stitch to first DC. Cut yarn and pull thru.
R2 (Color B -Sport weight yarn)
Make slip knot and attach to any DC.
Ch3. Make 5DC Tog Bobble into first ch.
Sl St into same DC where Ch3 started.
- *Sl St into next 3 sts.
- Ch3. Make 5DC Tog Bobble into first ch.
- Sl St into same DC where Ch3 started.*
Repeat * to * until the end. Finish with Sl St to first DC where you made your first bobble.
Cut yarn and pull through.
Sew in Ends
Looking for a Way to Say Thanks?
You can support my free work with a donation of any amount either via PayPal or via buying me “Ko-Fi.” All donations are greatly appreciated! Thank you!Via PayPal
FREE WAYS TO SAY THANKS:
- Share my work with a friend.
- Subscribe to my pattern email newsletter.
- Follow, Comment, Like & Share on Social: FaceBook, Instagram, YouTube
- Give a Shoutout /tag on your Social Media posts
Watch how to make this Boho Caribbean Scrunchie on YouTube. VIDEO LINK HERE
This is the 42nd project in the “Crochet Magical Mystery Tour” which is a yearlong adventure in crochet where you will get:
- A Free Pattern and Tutorial each week featuring new stitches and techniques.
- Opportunity to enter Giveaways when you share your finished pictures online.
- Recognition on my website, Instagram and Facebook (if you choose).
Crochet Magical Mystery Tour Alerts
Sign up for free alerts of new patterns & tutorials weekly.
Also Join at YouTube by subscribing: http://www.youtube.com/c/LightandJoyDesigns
Pin This to Your Pinterest Boards
Please Support My Free Work
By subscribing to my YouTube channel (Click here), this allows me to keep offering free patterns, tutorials, and more to YOU! Be the first to know when new Pattern Tutorials are available by clicking the Notify Bell next to the Subscribe button. Thank you so much!!
If you liked this pattern, please share this post with your friends! I’d love to have as many people as possible join our Crochet Magical Mystery Tour. If you haven’t already, check it out and sign up for the weekly alert of each free pattern. This is a yearlong adventure with a free pattern and new stitches each week. Free to Join Anytime!
Earn a Free Pattern
- Share your pics of this pattern on Ravelry, Instagram or Facebook.
- Use the hashtag #LIGHTANDJOYDESIGNS or #HASHTAG and tag me @agentsully.
- Contact me to let me know which PDF pattern you would like.
You can contact me in many ways. See links below! Or leave a comment here. Thx!
My Free VIP Newsletter: http://www.lightandjoydesigns.com/subscribe-2/
My Designs on Ravelry: https://www.ravelry.com/designers/light-and-joy-designs
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/c/LightandJoyDesigns
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/LETSHAVEFUNCROCHET
Etsy Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/LightandJoyDesigns